Today was a CRAZY day. The intentions were good but things kept happening to discourage my focus. In the end, I am moving through my journey a little slower, but still moving in the right direction. The morning skies looked cool and offered the promise of a sprinkle or two Little did I know they would yield a large amount of rain suddenly and in a relatively short period of time. The rest of the day was on and off sprinkles and rain. Then the fun began. I took my cat to a heart specialist to find out if his heart is strong enough to be put under to remove a mass/growth from his gumline. While at the specialist, I get a phone call from a number I did not recognize. I let it go to voicemail. There is a moment when I have some downtime waiting in the vet's lobby, so I check my voicemail. It was my bank? The Fraud Department? *sigh* Apparently someone has decided to use my account in Brazil, Massachusetts, and Virginia and rack up A LOT of expenses. No. No. No....
It has been two weeks since my last blog entry. Since then, I have played nurse to my sick boy, then I myself got sick, then scared away dinosaurs in the middle of the night from my son's room, cooled off my daughter's fever, and ... all throughout this journey I lost a lot of sleep. The past 3 days I have been pushing to sleep an extra 30-45minutes a night. My headaches from lack of sleep are finally subsiding. Yay! The picture above was from our "Mommy & Me" class this week. My girl seems to enjoy the class, signing "The Wheels On The bus" while sitting on my lap. Her smile always make me feel better. After all those days of chaos, she certainly brightened my day. Well, I hope now I can get back to focusing on eating healthier, losing weight, doing my yoga DVDs, walking, blogging and everything else too.
Hello World! Looks like I have been gone for nearly two years! I’m back to continue my journey to losing weight and better health all around. That is not to say I have not been making progress. I did slow down while I made other things in my life a higher priority. But, let me toot my own horn for a second. From. August 2024 to September 2025 I managed to shed 40 lbs., 2 pant sizes and finished up my college degree. Yay me. There is still a lot going on in my world but my health is important. The more weight I shed, the easier it is for me to move around. It keeps getting easier and easier to sit on the floor and get back up. I’m not jumping up off the ground, but I can get up with no assistance. I am seeing and feeling improvement. Why start blogging and tweeting again now? What works for me to help me focused, stay motivated, and make progress is blogging and tweeting. Blogging is a way to talk to myself, document my journey, reflect on my choices (both good and bad ones), and s...
Comments