You Don't Have To Run, YOU CAN WALK

For the past few days Garmin has been having problems so I was not accurately tracking and logging my walk. I knew the distance but the time was approximate. Today was I wasn't sure if my Garmin tracker would work, but I started it up and went for my walk. Well, my normal path was altered so I had to approximate the distance.

When trying to establish a new healthy habit, or any new habit for that matter, it takes on average 66 days. I may not be exact on how far I walked or how long it took, but I sure do know I have walked 7 out of past 8 days. Just because I missed one day, it's no reason to throw in the towel. In the long run... in 66 days, missing a day or two won't matter because I WILL have established a new healthy habit.

One component needed to loose weight is more movement. I need to move more. I am not ready for strenuous exercise but I can walk. I do not have to sprint, run, or jog, I just need to move more. Walking is perfect for me right now. Knowing exactly how far I walked or for how long at the moment is not as important as establishing this new habit of intentionally moving. Once it becomes 2nd nature to move every day, then I can work on moving faster in the form of jogging and/or running.

While I could have skipped my walk today because my Garmin was not working right, or my intended normal path was altered, or I've already walked several consecutive days, or excuse, or excuse, or, or, or, ... OR I can lace up my shoes and get moving one step closer to permanent healthy habit.

Well, my Garmin seems to be working again. My walk was a little short, a little faster, and my habit 10% complete.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Where to Purchase Shoes

Healthier Choice, Still Over Budget

2011_0117 Counting Calories at Disneyland