Nervous Excitement



Oh! My! Goodness! Tomorrow is Monday, August 20th. It is the first day of school for my kids and I am treating it as my 1st day too! Not my 1st day of school but the 1st day in my new chapter in the book of My Health Journey.

To prepare myself I decided I need to be more organized. Not perfect, but better than I have been in the past. In doing so, I will be able to be more consistent in planning, scheduling, and managing my time, my health, and my emotions. It may sound weird to mention my emotions, but, yes, my emotions. When I am well prepared, I do not stress out, I do not get tempted to stress eat. When I am well prepared, I able to handle life's hick-ups much more easily. 

The little black table on picture on the bottom right is what my desk looked like. I "managed" to do all my work on that little table. Not much room, but I made it work, and handled one thing at a time as best I could. Sometimes I wanted to have a book open, my laptop open, and a notebook as well. It was difficult and not very comfortable. As a result, I would tend to procrastinate the task. I wanted to do the work, but doing the work was harder than the work itself. To help set myself up for success, ... I got  a new desk! Lots of space to have my laptop open, a book, a notebook, a calendar, a glass of water, and I still have room to spare!

It has been a long week of shuffling my house around, street construction going on, messed up home projects, neat home upgrades and now my body is aching. My body is sore. It is a good kind of sore. I am nervous about starting a new chapter but am very excited I am averting many pitfalls of my past.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Where to Purchase Shoes

Healthier Choice, Still Over Budget

2011_0117 Counting Calories at Disneyland