2009_1122 One Week Down

This past week I managed to go on a brisk walk 4 out of 7 days and on twice on 2 days. I also took the dietary supplements. The end result for the week was a 1.5lb weight loss. It was not big number. But I am happy it was a loss and not a gain.

So for this week my goal will be to walk 5 days and continue to take the dietary supplements. This week will be challenging because of the Thanksgiving Day Holiday filled with LOTS of good food. To help me focus we've decided to rearrange the living room. We have a small living room and it just got smaller. We bought a treadmill and it is in the living room. I can watch the kids play in the living room our out in the tiny patio while I walk. If it a cold day, raining, windy, hot, ... whatever the weather, I will still be able to walk without exposing the kids to the less than perfect weather.

The treadmill is not a fancy one. We got it at Sam's Club. It was still not that cheap, but we got it. Our reasoning for getting it and sticking it in the middle of the living room was simple. For a few hundred dollars we will have an ugly living room that will help us live longer, healthier, fuller lives with our children and grandchildren. What a better way to teach our children than by example.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Where to Purchase Shoes

Healthier Choice, Still Over Budget

2011_0117 Counting Calories at Disneyland