2010_0113 Keep Going

Life is always throwing a wrench in my plans. I'm finally over my cold/flu illnesses that seemed to have lasted forever. I had planned on going for a walk today and it rained. I guess I will get on the treadmill tonight after the kids go to bed.

I have added a link on the left hand side to a weekly podcast I listen to. As the name suggests, it is about the TV show, The Biggest Loser, Season #9. The hosts are Mike and Jackie and this season, they are inviting listeners to submit their weekly percent weight loss. I am participating in this and hopefully give me more accountability and help support my weight loss journey. http://mjmceach.libsyn.com/

My Numbers:
Age: 38
Starting Weight: 199lbs (on 01/01/10)
Goal Weight: 145lbs
Goal Date: December 31, 2010
Wish Date: July 14, 2010 (Anniversary)
Height: 5'6"
Hips: 47"
Waist: 44"
Size 18 pants
Current Weight: 195 (on 01/13/10)

I have also discovered that Bob Harper, one of the trainers on The Biggest Loser is putting out a weekly podcast. I have only seen/heard one. It is under 2 minutes long, but it has a good tip about setting goals, realistic goals. The link to that is also listed on the left hand side. http://www.nbc.com/the-biggest-loser/exclusives/resources/trainer-podcast/set-goals/
I like his ideas and here are my entries:

Week 1: Set Goals
I want to loose 54lbs and weigh 145lbs by December 31, 2010 (or sooner)
This blog is my journal.
5 Specific Goals:
1. I want to be able to 'run' one mile by 03/28/10
I will start making time for weight loss activities.
I will start walking 1 mile 2-3 times a week.

2. I want to run the half-marathon in October 2010 in Long Beach, CA
I will make time to walk/run 2-3 times a week.
I will start running 1 mile 2-3 times a week.

3. Fit into size 12 pants.
I will stop buying larger more comfortable pants.
I will do exercises that reduce belly fat. (sit-ups)

4. Weigh 145lbs by 12/31/10
I will cut out junk food (chips, chocolate, dough nuts)
I will cook and eat healthier. (Biggest Loser Family Cookbook)

5. I want to go rock wall climbing during the summer.
I will stick to my weight loss plans.
I will do workout that will strength my upper body.

I guess that is it for this blog entry.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Where to Purchase Shoes

Healthier Choice, Still Over Budget

2011_0117 Counting Calories at Disneyland