2011_0117 Counting Calories at Disneyland

Over the weekend we went to Disneyland. I did not take the tram ride from the parking lot to the main entrance. Instead I decided to walk. The distance from the elevator at the Mickey & Friends Parking Lot to the Check-Point where the trams drop you off is 0.60miles. I brought with me some fresh fruit and some bottles of water, in effort to curve temptation to eat too much junk food.

When it was finally time for dinner, I decided I would eat at the Red Rocket Pizza Port in Tomorrow Land. I wanted to enjoy my dinner but not go crazy with the calorie count. The menu board did not have calorie counts, no where obvious where nutritional values posted either. I asked the door greeter where I could find the information. He said to ask anyone behind the counter. Including him, I asked 4 employees in there. Each would point me to the next person until the kitchen was gave me a response. "We are still collection information, so we don't have the information." That left me puzzled how Disneyland could get away with such a thing after SB 1420 went into effect on January 1st 2011.

On our way out of the park, I inquired for any nutritional content, calorie counts they could give me for any of the food places in the park. They did not have it available at all. They have gluten-free lists available. I was disappointed.

When I got home, I searched online and did not find any information either. So, if you happen to be reading this and know where I can find such information, please let me know.

Comments

Scott said…
SB 1420 only applies to chains with 20 or more locations in California. In this case, I don't think there are 20+ locations of the same restaurant with the same menu items. For more information you can check out http://nutrition.levitas.com

Popular posts from this blog

Where to Purchase Shoes

Healthier Choice, Still Over Budget