Sadden by the Death of Whitney Houston



I am greatly sadden by the death of Whitney Houston. I am a huge fan of hers and always will be. I am very much aware she did have a drug addiction and many negative things about her will surface, some real, some fabricated. It makes no difference to me, I will always be a fan of hers.

Tonight she was supposed to be attending a Pre-Grammy Party with her long time friend Clyde Davis. Although at the time of my writing this post the cause of her death is not known, I would not be surprise if it was drug related. On the night before the Grammy's, on her way to a Pre-Grammy party, I wonder how much of this factored into her death. The stress of being around a world she reigned with such ease, where she was the "Queen of the Night", now a world full of constant reminders how powerful her voice once "was". People constantly referring to her as a drug addict even while trying to pull it together could not have been helpful. Pressure to perform, smile, endure ridicule, ... who knows what else her personal life was throwing her at the same time. Maybe she took something to help, ease her stress, in accidentally had some sort of drug interaction?

Whether her death was drug related or not, it makes no difference to me. I am sorry she has passed away. She always had a beautiful sole and it can be heard in all her songs. When she was able to hit those high notes, you could hear it, feel it, and visualize it. When her voice struggled to hit those high notes, you could still feel the powerful strength of her beautiful sole through the passion with which she sung.

Whitney Houston,
"I Will Always Love You"
RIP

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Where to Purchase Shoes

Healthier Choice, Still Over Budget

2011_0117 Counting Calories at Disneyland