Hot Walk

It was a hot day. I have not watched the news yet to know how hot it actually got today, but I am sure it was well over 100*F. At 4PM today it was 99*F, well, that is according to my iPhone.



I knew it was going to be hot day and somehow I needed to make sure to keep my walk in the forefront of my mind. My usual walking podcasts are, in alphabetical order as they appear on my iPhone:
- Balanced Living
- Biggest Loser Fan Cast
- Jillian Micheals with Janice,
- Jillian Micheals by her biggest fan,
- Logical Weight Loss, and
- Two Fit Chicks and a Microphone
Well, I am all caught up on these podcasts, so I set out to find something else to listen, something to keep me motivated on my walk. I downloaded three new ones:
- Dr.Fitness and the Fat Guy,
- Eat, Sleep, Move, and
- Fat 2 Fit Radio

4 O'Clock rolled around and it was a still hot outside. So I decided to hold off for an hour and go. Sure enough, the temp dropped a bit and I ventured out for my walk.

I kept thinking about blogging. What would I write about? How I struggled to get today's walk in? Nawh. What I listen to while walking, hmm.. maybe. I do have a lot I'd like to share from the podcasts I listen, what my take away is from them. That seemed rather lengthy. As I walked I squirrel crossed my path and quickly ran up a tree. I smiled. That's IT! I will share why I like the path I take. So the rest of this post will be picture I took along my walk. They is nothing fancy about them, no composition. These pictures were taken while walking. I did not want to stop, so I snapped a shot here and there while walking. I also took some very short video clips. Since SparkPeople does not seem to allow a combination of pictures and video to be added to one blog post, I will have to do multiple ones. ... Without further delay, here are some pictures for your enjoyment.

A road leading away from one of the boat launching spots in Bonelli Park.


A little pinkish flower.


Gas prices in our neck of the woods.


The 57fwy and on the other side of the fwy is Puddingstone Dam.


Raging Waters during the off season.


Hope you have enjoyed these pictures.
-Mrs. G

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Where to Purchase Shoes

Healthier Choice, Still Over Budget

2011_0117 Counting Calories at Disneyland