Unexpected Pleasant Surprise

The thing that stood out the most for me today was a very unexpected pleasant surprise. On Tuesday's I volunteer in my son's kindergarten class. Out of nowhere this young man comes up to me and addresses me by name and says, "Mrs. G, I made a flower for you." It was very sweet. I thanked him and brought the flower home. I meant to take a picture of it to post but, ... I forgot. It was made of pieces of geometric shaped paper.

During my 30 minute lunch break I listened to part of podcast #14 of "Two Fit Chicks and a Microphone" and it was perfect timing. The part I listen to spoke about shin splints. I realized that the slight pain I felt during yesterday's walk is called "shin splints." I learned that I could use ice to help relieve some of the pain; for next time I can use arch inserts and try not landing on my heel when walking.

During the evening, I got to watch the only TV I watch on a regular basis: The Biggest Loser. The episode was only an hour long, I'm guessing The Voice has something to do with it. I watched the majority of the show standing up. I know it did not make a huge difference calorie-wise, but I'm sure it's better than sitting on the couch watching.

Many recap the episode in their blogs, but I am not going to do that. Instead I want to share what I took away from this episode. I appreciate my husband a little bit more because I do not believe for a split second he would ask me to come home from The Ranch at The Biggest Loser should he already be voted off. When Chris asked her husband, Roy, "Do you *need* me to come home?," his response was yes. There are not that many weeks left on the The Ranch.  Every moment that Chris spends on The Ranch is beneficial to Chris, Roy and their entire family and their future as well. In that moment, I did feel more appreciative of my husband.  While I can't say that my husband is very supportive of my weight loss journey. I know he would not stand in my way of such a great opportunity to be on The Ranch.

Tomorrow I was planning on taking that 5 mile walk again. Unfortunately I think that walk will be cancelled due to rain. The forecast in our neighborhood is rain, rain, and more rain tonight thru Saturday. *sigh* I'm going to have to try and use the treadmill. The problem I have with the treadmill is my 3 year old who constantly wants a turn on it. She doesn't get sucked into any TV shows. I might have to bribe her with play-doh play time.

:-)

Comments

I agree with you girl- he was selfish. My husband hates whenever I am away but he NEVER would have asked me home from something so important. That's crazy!
This comment has been removed by the author.

Popular posts from this blog

Where to Purchase Shoes

Healthier Choice, Still Over Budget

2011_0117 Counting Calories at Disneyland