A Day At The Fair



The Fair is in town and we had to go. Since the fair started yesterday, they are holding special admission prices this entire Labor Day Weekend. We got in for $1, but parking was $15. They had $1 soda from 1pm-4pm (or maybe it was 'til 5pm).



Originally I had been planning on taking a 5 mile walk before heading to the Fair, but I didn't. I stayed up a bit late last night so this morning I did not feel like getting up. I figured I was going to get some walking in at the Fair any way, so all I had to do was to be careful of what I ate.

I had breakfast at home and packed a lunch. How'd I do? Pretty good. I had 1 treat and turned a blind eye to the calories. Curly fries with chilli and cheese. Ah! I did not have the whole thing. I had somewhere between 1/4 to 1/3 of basket. I threw away a good portion of it so I would not be tempted to nibble on them some more. They were yummy so I know I could have finished the whole thing by myself.

It was a hot day and so the cold beer was tempting, but not tempting enough to get me to cave in. I loaded up my water bag with just under 2 liters of water. Then I stuffed it full of ice until I had a full load of 3 liters. I kept drinking cold refreshing water all day long. I did have 1 soda, but I think that might be mute point. I drank ALL 3 LITERS OF WATER. To top it off, when I got home I had another 16oz.

For dinner I had a 1 small grilled chicken breast with a large salad (no croutons), and 2 oz of light ranch dressing. I took a peak at my Fitbit (my pedometer) and it said I had walked over 10K steps, so I splurged, I had another soda. Maybe I should not have, but I did.... then I had another 8oz of water.

I am so excited I went to the fair and did not load up on all the non-healthy deep fried stuff I used to be so easily tempted by last year. Yay! I started thinking about how much I want to share this little NSV (Non-Scale Victory) with my Sparkpeople Live group and I remembers I might not be able to. It bummed me out, and unfortunately am still bummed about it. *sigh*

I used to post on SparkPeople's Facebook page every time I made an entry on my SparkPage on SparkPeople.com. I asked and was told this was okay. All of a sudden my posts would not show. I sent SparkPeople.com an email inquiring about this. I find out I am blocked. Why? Because I posted a link to my blog, ... my blog which resides on SparkPeople.com? Well, they can't say for sure that is why. I am really bummed about this. I was not given a warning. I got blocked, I asked, and they can't tell me why either? I am not happy about this. I hope this gets resolved favorably FAST. I want to continue making entries on my SparkPage at SparkPeople.com

So I am writing this blog entry and . . . it will sit in cyberspace because I can't share a link to it on Sparkpeople's Facebook page.
emoticon
My motivation is pretty down low right now. I feel like I've been told I can't talk, I can't share with others, I have to keep quiet. I never knew how much a part of me SparkPeople was until now.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Where to Purchase Shoes

Healthier Choice, Still Over Budget

2011_0117 Counting Calories at Disneyland