New Walking Distance

The day started out pretty normal. Take the kids to school, do my usual Tuesday morning routine. And then things gotten shaken up a bit. My previous plans scheduled for today kind of fell through. I was a bit relieved because there were a few things I wanted to get done. But, I did not get them done any way. Had my plans not fallen through, I would not have gotten done to begin with. I took advantage of the chunk of time. I took a walk.

As I began my walk, I figured I would take a 5 mile walk. I looked at my watch and figure I could get in a 6 mile walk and still have time for a shower, a quick, lunch, and start on 1 task that has been hanging over my head. Okay, a 6 mile walk it is. My mind started to wander as I thought about how tough it would be to get regular walking exercise in if I had a regular full-time job where I would have to drive to/from work everyday. I am fortunate enough to live close enough to some pretty nice walking paths. A couple of years ago, walking 0.3 miles from my front door was a challenge. Walking 0.6 miles took my almost an hour. Nowadays I am walking around 18-22minutes a mile, depending on my path and the distance.

Little by little I have been increasing my walking time and speed. Hmm. Dare I try another new path? I dare! Today I walked a new path. I have walked the path before, but never continuous, never non-stop. Today I walked the 8 mile path in 3 hours and 2 minutes! I have not done the math to find out what my pace was/is, but I am still thrilled to have walked 8 miles. That is the most I have ever walked continuously non-stop.

When I got home I was tired, no exhausted, but my feet did want a rest. I showered and enjoyed a protein style burger with no salt and fries at Red Robin. It quickly set my daily caloric budget overboard. I am not worried, I don't want to create too great a caloric deficit to send my body into starvation mode.

After lunch it was time to pick up kids from school, do  homework, and make dinner. A healthy small dinner was enough. I am expecting the scale to be nice to me in the morning.

I was expecting to add pictures to this blog, but am opting not at this point. It is about 9:30pm already. I want to get a good night's sleep and rest for tomorrow. Tomorrow my baby girl starts Mommy & Me class and Preschool. I am excited for her and sadden my baby girl is growing up so fast. *sigh*

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Where to Purchase Shoes

Healthier Choice, Still Over Budget

2011_0117 Counting Calories at Disneyland