Looking for Support

Losing weight, getting fit, running my 1st 5K, ... these are a few of my goals for 2014. I have tried before but have been unsuccessful. I feel I do a good job, for a while, then something happens and I put "my" goals on the back burner. What can I do differently in 2014?

Set up smaller goals building up to one the big goals. I want to run my first 5K. Well, I need to get up off my butt and start walking, a mile, 2 miles, 3 miles, and keep decreasing the time it takes me to travel the 5miles. Yes, I am aiming to be able to run 5 miles so that when I run the 5K (3.3miles) I'm already building up toward another goal (running a half marathon). I also am aiming to run my first 5K by March, April at the latest. *sigh* I hope I am not being over zealous. By the way, I have heard of Couch to 5K and I do plan on using it.

I use the LoseIt app to track my caloric intake. So far in 2015, I have logged everyday. While 5 days does not seem like a long time, it has been a challenge. Logging everything I put in my mouth before I actually consume it, has been beneficial. I seem to be controlling my urge to eat that extra piece of food unnecessarily. For instance, I ate 3 out of 6 turkey meatballs on my plate; I ate 6 cream puffs instead of 20. This is seems to be working for me. It's a challenge to log everything I eat, but it helps because I don't feel like I am a super-restrictive diet starving myself with food that tastes like cardboard.

Within the LoseIt.com website, there are challenges, groups, forums, ... all the typical things you'd find in any weight loss site and app. I searched through and found 2 challenges. One for FitBit users to log 12K steps a day. I don't think I will be very successful within that challenge. None the less, I am in and we shall see how far I get. The other challenge is Happy YOU Year! This challenge is to log, log, log, everyday. So far, so good. I have logged each and every day, 5 days in a row.

There is a group named Stay at Home Moms in LoseIt, I joined it. If anyone can relate to putting themselves on the back burner, being busy with kid related activities, and eating on the run, amongst other things, ... this group of ladies surely can.

It is pretty evident I need help, I need support, I need someone to talk to. I really want and need to loose 50lbs. I have procrastinated enough.  I have 2 kids, a 7 y/o boy and a 4 y/o girl.
I have a FitBit and I do sync it with LoseIt.
I tweet as MrsGJourney ( https://twitter.com/MrsGJourney ) and
I have a Facebook page " MrsGsWeightLossJourney "
I also have a blog, this blog you are reading here.
I am not plugging anything, I have sought out these avenues in hopes to get a support group going. I not the sharpest tool in the shed, but am a good team player.

One day at a time.
One step closer to my goal.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Where to Purchase Shoes

Healthier Choice, Still Over Budget

2011_0117 Counting Calories at Disneyland