School Year Resolution

It's the last day of September and my kids are back in school. In 180 days of school, he will complete 4th grade and she will complete 1st grade. What will I complete in that same amount of time?
Lose weight, eat healthier, complete a 1/2 marathon, and complete a class or two toward a new career goal. The list is simple, actually doing it, not so simple.

It is not January 1st, so I am not going to call it a New Year's Resolution. It is the start of a new school year, so I will call this my School Year Resolution. Okay, in following the school year calendar, 180 days are broken up into 3 tri-mesters. I too will break up my goals into tri-mester chunks. Having 3 check-points stating where I think I should will allow me to evaluate how well I am doing and how well my plan of action is doing as well. Some tweaks are normal and expected, but I will aim to not really heavily on that fact.

My rough draft plan. Yes, rough draft because it's never a perfect plan and there is always room to improve, adjust, and elaborate on the plan.
Start Date: today!
Check Point 1: November 15
Check Point 2: February 28
End Date: June 10

My kids will most definitely have homework, after school activities, play dates, etc. Right along with their things, I will plan out and schedule time for my stuff, my goals, my resolutions. Most of the time in the past I have planned my world around my kids. Now they are older and it is time for me to make time for me on a much regular basis. Just like I have to make time for them to play, I have to make time for me to exercise. It does not mean each has to be separate, they can coincide and sort of catch two birds with one stone.

I'm looking into an exercise plan, a routine, something to keep me moving and burning calories. Should I join "The Transformation Center Challenge," 24-Hour Fitness, Crunch, do DVDs at home, and/or join Weight Watchers?  Time to explore them all and see which one fits into my world, which one I am actually willing to commit to.

Since I enjoy blogging, I decided to take a free online class about blogging from my local library. I'm sure there is a lot I can learn from it. Hopefully what I learn will be reflected on here and you will see improvements.

As for eating healthier, today was my last day I ate chocolate chip cookies. I will allow myself to have a cookie here and there, but definitely not 10 cookies a day. No more soda!

I feel like this post is not very complete, maybe it's because I'm excited to start tomorrow. Tomorrow is October 1st. I have a plan for tomorrow, a plan to set me up for success. Wish me luck and until next time, ... one day at  a time, one good choice at a time, and one pound at a time.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Where to Purchase Shoes

Healthier Choice, Still Over Budget

2011_0117 Counting Calories at Disneyland