Best App For Tracking Calories


There are a lot of apps out there that can help keep track of calories I consume. My personal choice has been and still is Lose It. I'm not going to claim one app is better than another. But if I must, I will honestly say the best app for weight loss is the one you actually use. Yes, various apps have various features that appeal to one type of person or another, lend themselves for certain activities, lifestyles, visual preferences, etc. But it always comes down to one very important thing. NONE of them actually work if you don't actually use them.

For me to actually lose weight I have found I need to actually use my Lose It app. I need to log, log it all, and log it everyday. By logging, I am forced to be honest with myself, I end up making better choices. It gives me time to think before I eat that package of cookies in one sitting. If I really want to eat all those cookies, how am I going to burn them off so as not to gain weight. What do I need to do to loose weight and still eat those cookies. To burn off the equivalent calories means I push back my the date I achieve my goal weight. The latter means I can enjoy the cookies guilt free because I will still achieve my goal weight by the target date. *sigh* I always have a choice, I have to choose wisely.

Log, log, log. Log it all. Log everyday. Be honest with yourself. Whether you log it or not, you can't lie to your body's caloric calculator.

I have been logging it all everyday for a few days now. I am seeing results, not on the scale but in my life. I put down the ice cream and I skipped a trip to Starbucks. I really wanted a Java-Chip Frap but I do not want to push reaching my goal weight back any further. Starbucks can wait. I am still going over my caloric budget, but that overage is getting smaller and smaller by day. 

Logging it all is my first step. The second step that comes naturally to me is the blogging. I blog and I jot down the ramblings in my head. I have said it before and I'll say it again. Between using my LoseIt app to log it all and blogging, I tend to do better loosing weight. I have strayed away from these two things and have slowly and steadily seen my weight creep back up. I am logging, I am blogging, I am headed in the right direction again. Falling off the wagon is super easy, getting back on track is not as easy. One day at a time and today was a good day, I logged everything.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Where to Purchase Shoes

Healthier Choice, Still Over Budget

2011_0117 Counting Calories at Disneyland