Lemon Salmon and Lentil Soup

Today for dinner I had Lemon Salmon and Lentil Soup
  • 3.5 oz of Kirkland Signature Atlanticsalmon seasoned with lemon juice, (9 Smart Points, 340 calories)
  • 5 oz of Tasty Bite Madras Lentils, (5 Smart Points, 150 calories)
  • and about 2 cups of boiled broccoli. (0 Smart Points, 110 calories)
Total was 14 Smart Points and 600 calories.

At first look, I did not think it would be enough. I was pleasantly surprised to find it filling! The salmon I have had before. Instead of  using oil, butter, or anything else to keep the salmon from sticking to the pan, I use fresh squeezed lemon juice. Then I let the edges get a little crispy or a touch of burnt.

This was the first time I prepared this lentil mix so I followed the instructions to the letter. The consistency was as expected for a lentil soup. It sort of reminded me of a light/thin, meatless chili. It did not taste salty, a plus for me. It might have been the cumin but I felt like it contained black pepper. I like black pepper, but it doesn't like me. To my taste buds it was a great lentil soup mix and I plan on having it again. In fact, I think next time I will have this lentil soup with a baked potato and call it a night.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Where to Purchase Shoes

Healthier Choice, Still Over Budget

2011_0117 Counting Calories at Disneyland