Day 1-2 of 30: Hope

Image result for Day 1


Day 1 of 30 was as expected. Full of hope and filled with fear. Deep breath, it is only day one of thirty. I can do it for thirty days, right?

My very first "fueling" was so much more delicious than I could have imagined. My fear of it tasting like dirt was blown out of the water. I'm not going to lie and say it was amazing but it was certainly delicious. My best comparison would be a slightly watered down version of an Orange Julius tropical drink. Yes, I can see myself enjoying the Chia Bliss Smoothie on a very regular basis.

As the day went on I had my other Fuelings. Raisin Oat Crisp bar, perfect for my taste buds. It had real hydrated raisins in it. It was gooooood. It reminded me of something between a warm cinnamon raisin oatmeal cookie and a rice crispy treat. Next time, I will warm it up a bit in the sun before I eat it. Yes, I would eat this again. I couldn't wait for my next fueling to discover what other yummy treats were in store.

Rustic Tomato Herb Penne, did not score very high on my list. For my taste buds it was a bit salty and something about the consistency did not agree with me. It was not bad, but descent.

The Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookie was ... great! It was a real freshly baked chewy chocolate chip cookie. The Chocolate Fudge Crisp bar was good but not nearly as good as the Raisin Oatmeal Crisp bar.

Dinner consisted of a green leafy salad with ground turkey.  I was full?!?!?

The good stuff, my fears are now gone. The food I'm eating tastes good to great. I can eat this stuff and not be worried it will taste like dirt, it's real food. Yay! The dinner portion was a healthy portion and I learned I will likely be splitting my dinner into two meals every time. I will have half with lunch and half with dinner.

The bad stuff, I did not enjoy the Rustic Tomato Herb Penne as much as the other stuff. I did end up with a headache. Although I was warned I most likely would have a headache the first 2-3 days. So far, Day 1 did give me a headache.

Day 2: The fuelings were really good. My morning strawberry shake was good. A little runny for it to be called a shake, so I will call it a drink. It is definitely something I want to have again. My day started with a headache but soon became mild and more of an annoying head pain than a real headache. Splitting my dinner into two portions was a good idea. I felt fuller all day. So, Day 2 overall went better.

I am looking forward to tomorrow!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Where to Purchase Shoes

Healthier Choice, Still Over Budget

2011_0117 Counting Calories at Disneyland