Amazed in 30 Days

Image result for celebration


Choosing to be selfish for 30 days still seems like the best decision I have made in a long time. I was selfish in that I put my optimal health first. I was not perfect but the end result is amazing!

What did I do? I went to bed at a regular time every night, ... well 90% of the time. I cut out soda and coffee, ... well, I only had 1 - 8oz cup of coffee. I did not eat out, ... well, I ate out twice. I had scheduled my meals and stuck to them, ... well, I stuck to them 90% of the time. I ate leafy greens everyday, I did this 100% of the time. I woke up everyday at the same time, ... well, I did about 95% of the time. I walked about 15-20 minutes non-stop at a very easy pace 3-4 times a week. I did this about 95% of the time.

What did I stop doing? I stopped saying, "I can start over tomorrow," and started saying, "This day is NOT over." I stopped saying, "One bad choice can't hurt that much," and started saying, "One bad choice averted is one good habit forming." I stopped thinking I had to do it all alone, I asked for help. I stopped thinking it was a matter of being in the gym more and eating less often.

The BIG thing I did was to stop dieting. Instead, I started pursing healthier habits all around. My 30 days were not perfect. I did stumble in the dark, but my Health Coach kept me stumbling in the right direction. She was always there a text message away, a phone call away, a few steps away from helping me how I needed to be helped. Sometimes all it took was having her listen to me.

So! What did these 30 days amount to? Take a look this picture.
30 Day Results
Look at my stomach! It's smaller! Not gone, but it is smaller.  Let me share what you can not see in the picture. I have not worn my knee braces again! I can actually climb up a flight of stairs, without holding on to the handrail and taking one step at a time like a toddler learning to walk. I had to punch new holes into my belt. I had to get smaller pants! Some of my tops are actually starting to look too big for me. I am finally sleeping through the night without aids. These 30 days gave me a jump start into my new bigger life.

For those of you that like numbers, in 30 days I lost:
3.5" around my waist,
4.0" around my chest and
17.7lbs.
I am now under the 200lbs mark!

You bet I'm going to keep going and keep on pursing healthier habits all around. Next on my list of healthier habits this week is to, find one healthy crock pot recipes I and my whole family like.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Where to Purchase Shoes

Healthier Choice, Still Over Budget

2011_0117 Counting Calories at Disneyland