NOW is a Good Day for Day 1


My kids are getting ready to start a new school year. Day 1 is next week. It's not Day 1 of never ever being in school, it's Day 1 of this school year, a new chapter within their school journey. They will take what they have learned in previous grades/levels and build on that.
Fall starts next month, and new seasons of my favorite shows will air. As each new season starts, they always do a recap of what happen last season. It brings me up to speed and it's a good refresher on what issues are being worked on, and resources.
I declare today my Day 1 within my health journey. Not Day 1 of starting all over from 221 lbs 2 years ago. I've learned a lot in the previous 2 levels, had success and failure, strike that, not failure, setbacks. I also had some Ah-Ha moments. My 1st year lead me to explore weight loss methods and learned a lot about what did not work and a non-sustainable lifestyles. My 2nd year, which is now, has shown me a sustainable path with results that have pleasantly surprised me... and my doctor.
This Day 1 I know how busy life can get, 1st Day of School, kid activities, events, practice, ... Halloween candy, Thanksgiving Day food coma, Christmas home baked goodies, New Year's Day parties, Super Bowl BBQs Valentine's Day chocolates, March Madness, St Patrick's Day when we all turn a little Irish, Easter Bunny treats, birthdays, anniversaries, end of year parties, team celebrations, PTA meetings, Girl Scouts, Band Concerts, music lessons, the list of things that can distract me from focusing on my health is long. BUT that is also the exact same list that helps me stay focused. I want to be around for all those things and more with my family. I want to be there making memories and laughing so hard I cry. I don't want to be a memory where my family will cry at those events.
This health journey does not mean life will be perfect. I'm sure I'll still be stuck with dirty dishes, laundry, and bills to pay. What this journey offers me is a way a life where the good immensely outweighs the boring mundane blah stuff.
As I enter Day 1, I enter a new chapter in my health journey. I am excited because I am confident I will see bigger better results. Are YOU ready to for a better tomorrow? Are you ready for your Day 1? If you live in Covina, Glendora, San Dimas, La Verne, Let's talk privately or in a group environment. I am ready to share what I've learned. Live further away within California... send me an email. #Day1IsToday

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Where to Purchase Shoes

Healthier Choice, Still Over Budget

2011_0117 Counting Calories at Disneyland