Beauty Is All Around Us

Some folks are my friends on Facebook and when I see them in person, I get a hi-five, a hug, a smile. It's awesome to keep the connection going and building our friendship. Then there the ones I rarely see in person and when we do see each other I still get a smile and a hug.

What I find silly is the ones that are my "friends" on Facebook and I see very often and I seek out eye contact to share a smile, say "Hi", or wave "Hello," and they softly turn their face away. Once, twice, three times, days, weeks, months. Well, I guess our friendship has run out of life and yet they can't bring themselves to let go. It made me think of a tree and its leaves. Sometimes the leaves look dead but the tree won't let go. Finally the wind nudges them, and the tree and the leaf part.

Fallen leaves are beautiful. They decorate and protect the ground so the tree can continue to transform and grow. Beauty is all around and that makes me smile. Whether you are the tree or the leaf, both are uniquely beautiful. Thank you for the smile and the reminder that it is okay to let go in order to grow.


Sent from my iPhone

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Where to Purchase Shoes

Healthier Choice, Still Over Budget

2011_0117 Counting Calories at Disneyland