Enjoy The Rewards

Enjoying the journey and living my life... as opposed to watching from the sidelines.

A year ago I would take my kids to activities and find a place to sit and watch them have fun. Three days ago we volunteered to help Santa deliver goodies for FIVE hours. That means FIVE hours of physical activity. Later the same day, I walked up AND down a few flight of stairs. It was an AWESOME feeling. I was tired afterwards but my knees did not need icing. I also did not need a week to recover.

Today I went to Pasadena to help Cal Poly decorate their Rose Parade Float. I assembled vials, cut flowers, popped marigolds, toured the faculty, and enjoyed a guilt-free chocolate chip cookie. Best part, I was not worried about:
- finding a place to sit down,
- wondering if I'd fit in a seat,
- worried the walkways would be too narrow,
- worried my knee would give out, and
- concerned with physical exertion,
The icing on the cake was:
- being able to participate in every single activity my kids did! 😍

Do The Work and Enjoy The Rewards
#DTW and #ETR

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Where to Purchase Shoes

Healthier Choice, Still Over Budget

2011_0117 Counting Calories at Disneyland