Water Please

 

Two years ago I would drink a 2 liter bottle of soda throughout a day. Maybe I’d drink ONE cup of plain water here and there, but definitely not every day.

A little over a year ago I stopped, more like paused. I would drink 12oz of soda a week. Everyday I would drink lots of ice tea, and some water. Drinking water was a challenge, and drinking 64oz of plain water a day did not always happen.

I thought I’d always be stuck drinking ice tea and sneaking a little soda here and there. I am sooo pleased to say I was wrong.

A few days ago I went away on a little trip. I did a lot of walking, exercise. I averaged 18K steps a day. On my last day out, I walked so much that I felt I could drink some soda guilt free. I intentionally and confidently grabbed a soda. I was looking forward to that ice cold soda with the carbonation bubbles popping and lightly splashing my face while I drank it. I took a sip. Nope. One more sip, *insert buzzer sound here* I have totally lost my taste for it. I ended up drinking water, plain water.

I am pleased to say I now drink at least 67oz of plain water a day without struggling.

Don’t give up. Keep at it. baby steps in the right direction is still progress. It will happen.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Where to Purchase Shoes

Healthier Choice, Still Over Budget

2011_0117 Counting Calories at Disneyland