Starbucks? Yes or No?

 Image result for starbucks clipart



The smell of coffee is very pleasing to me. I walk into Starbucks, stay a bit, and when I get back into my car, I can smell how my clothing has absorbed the scent of coffee. It smells soooo good to me.

A couple of decades ago I used to drink a lot of coffee and soda. I used to drink so much of it that I ended up developing stomach ulcers. Under my doctor's supervision, medication, and the absence of coffee and soda, the feeling of glass shards tumbling in my stomach like a load of laundry in the dryer faded away. Never again have I drank so much coffee so often.

The aroma still smells wonderful and I definitely enjoy it, ... in smaller quantities. I enjoy brewed coffees, americanos, lattes, frappacunios, java chips, java avalanches, etc. For a long time, I would enjoy a small cup or two. Recently I found myself drinking two or three larger cups. Today, ventured out and enjoyed a venti salted caramel mocha. I treated myself. I gave myself permission to enjoy it because I spent the day running around, figured I'd burn off the excess calories. Maybe I did, maybe I did not.

I updated my food log in LoseIt and saw I consumed more calories than I had planned. *sigh* Odds are in favor the scale will also reflect it. So do I skip on Starbucks forever? Nope. That is not realistic. What I will do is order a tall next time and make sure it is not often. I need to set a milestone to encourage myself to meet it and gain a treat.

GOAL: Get a tall treat when I loose 5lbs from whatever the bathroom scale says in the morning.

But what if I did burn off that venti salted caramel mocha and loose at least 0.2lbs?

GOAL: Get a tall treat when I loose 5lbs from whatever the bathroom scale says in the morning.

Yes, the same goal no matter what. It will be my own little challenge to help me stay focused and not slack off. I will still go to Starbucks and continue to order tentra black ice teas with no sugar and just enjoy the aroma. ;-)


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Where to Purchase Shoes

Healthier Choice, Still Over Budget

2011_0117 Counting Calories at Disneyland