Progress Through Challenges

Today I was able to get more steps in than yesterday. Still need to make progress because it was not 10,000 steps. I have to keep at it and not give up. 

I am no longer afraid of success.  In the past I would let other's feelings derail me. Not today. Even though others around me feel negative about themselves when I succeed, it's not an excuse for me to slack off. I have to be clear about what I want and make sure I do not misdirect my frustrations towards others. I am accountable to myself. I am responsible for myself. I can and will reach all my goals.

There is still pandemic going on. It does not matter if you believe it is or it is not. When I see these numbers to me, it says that in my neck of the woods, things are not as bad as in other areas.

As for COVID-19
POMONA
people tested.....8677
cases...................822
deaths...................16
people tested / cases: 0.0947

GLENDORA
people tested ....2546
cases....................188
deaths......................9
people tested / cases : 0.0737

SAN DIMAS
people tested.......1850
cases.......................88
deaths.......................2
people tested / cases: 0.0475

LA VERNE
people tested.....1397
cases.....................43
deaths.....................2
people tested / cases : 0.0308

Then I look at the demographics of cases by age, race and ethnicity, ... in each of those categories, I am in the highest group affected. In terms of getting sick, it does not look good for me. I keep washing my hands, wearing mask, and practicing social distancing. All these precautions can only take me so far. In cases where death resulted, it was most commonly due to an underlying health issue. I can not change my age, race, or ethnicity, but I can take care of my personal underlying health issues by loosing weight and being more active. What I need to do is give my body a fighting chance, give myself a fighting chance to live a fuller life.

I am making progress through all these challenges one day at a time.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Where to Purchase Shoes

Healthier Choice, Still Over Budget

2011_0117 Counting Calories at Disneyland