Time Flies and Stand Still


As I cleaned off my desktop of so many pictures I have accumulated over the year, I just realize how fast time flies and stand still at the same time. On March 13th the schools in my neighborhood temporarily shut down and Los Angeles County issued the "Safer At Home" order. The world felt like it was whirling around uncontrollably, as I was trying to swat away that invisible spiderweb I walked into, while stumbling around in the dark half asleep with a bad cold rushing to the bathroom.

Today, June 12th, many non-essential businesses have been given the green light to reopen with guidelines. A bit of our pre-pandemic life is being restored with a whole lot of new rules, guidelines, and safety measures. We may be entering a "New Normal," or resuming our "normal normal".

"Normal" vs "New Normal," I'm not sure which reference I feel more comfortable with. What I am sure of is that this chapter of my life has changed me at many levels in many ways. I feel I am emerging from the "Safer At Home," order with a healthier mindset. As I saw those pictures I was clearing off, I remembered what I wanted out of life, how I wanted to lead my life, ... not only did I remember those thoughts, I remembered the feeling. I remembered how wonderful life felt. The best part, I realized it is ALL still possible.

Looking at those pictures, it's like time flew by in the blink of an eye. I looked at the calendar and March 13th was 91 days ago. After 91 days of "Safe At Home" orders I have not lost the weight I thought I would. What did happen was I have found some major reasons that were holding me back from getting rid of this weight, what is holding me back from succeeding. As weird as it sounds, I found why I am afraid of success. That is a good thing because now I can address it and succeed.

For 91 days I felt like time was standing still since I felt stuck at home. I was stuck mentally. Time flew by, but 3 months later I am pleased to say I know why I was afraid to succeed, but now I am not afraid to succeed!

No more set backs. I can do this. I will do this. It starts today, right now! I am soooo looking forward to the next 90 days.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Where to Purchase Shoes

Healthier Choice, Still Over Budget

2011_0117 Counting Calories at Disneyland