2011_0106 LoseIt!

It's the sixth day of 2011. I think I am finally done with a lingering cold. The new season of The Biggest Loser started this week. I taped it and watched it the following morning. It seems this season will be full of twists and turns as two new trainers are introduced. Jillian will not be part of the next season of The Biggest Loser. There is no word yet if she will be returning or not. Every week I will be taping the show and watching it the following morning. So, if any wants to chit-chat about the show feel free to contact me. I will also be listening weekly to Mike and Jackie's podcast about The Biggest Loser. If you are interested in that podcast, it is listed on the right hand side of my blog page.

I have been on a journey to lose weight for some time now. I keep letting other things get in the way and postpone my weight loss. I finally got out of the stone age and got a new cell phone, and iPhone 3Gs. It has opened up a world of possibilities for me. One of which is the use of the LoseIt! app. It is a free app available thru iTunes for the iPhone. It helps keep track of your calorie intake and expenditure. I have used it here and there and it seems to have a lot more food values than other apps I have been exposed to.

It is a new year, a new start. I will be using the LoseIt! app to help me keep track of my calories. LoseIt! is also on Twitter and Facebook. I follow LoseIt! on Twitter and found out that they had put a book out. I did try to win a copy but did not. :( I was bummed about it. The following day I decided not to wait and win a copy of the book. I went out and got it. I paid $18(including tax) for it at my local Barnes & Noble.

Because my days are full and I am a slow reader, I know it will take me while to get through the book. I am setting myself a time limit of 30 days to get through the book. I do not mean just read through it. I mean, read it, digest the information, and apply it. As I read through the book I will be posting in my blog my thoughts, ideas, pros and cons as I seem them. I being a predominately SAHM (Stay-At-Home-Mother) of two active kids, ages 4 and 2. I attend school and work a couple of light part-time jobs. I also have the common person's household chores. So if you are interested in discussing the LoseIt! app or the LoseIt! book, please feel free to contact me. Things done with company are often easier and more fun to do. You can also find me on the LoseIt.com website.

If you follow me on Twitter at http://twitter.com/MrsGsJourney
I will try to post once a day where I am at in the book like this...
LoseIt! Page # 20 : Calculating Your Daily Budget

Yes, right now on Thursday, January 6th I am on page 20 about to start the section, "Calculating Your Daily Budget" In a day or two, I hope to make a blog entry about the book thus far.

-Mrs. G.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Where to Purchase Shoes

Healthier Choice, Still Over Budget

2011_0117 Counting Calories at Disneyland