2011_0203 Nike+ GPS Challenge

I have an iPhone and purchased the Nike+ GPS app from iTunes for $1.99. What this app does it use your phone's GPS to track where you are and determines your distance, time, and calories you have burned. You can also use it while on the treadmill. I used the app during January on the treadmill and found it needed some calibration. After a few 1 mile runs/walks on the treadmill, it was good to go.

In looking around the NikeRunning.com website, I found they have challenges you can participate in. They are free to participate. So, for the month of February I am participating in the "StayStrong 25" From 02/01/11 to 03/01/11 I need to log 25 miles. I am not a runner so all my miles are walked miles. As of this posting, there are 23 participants and I am in 2nd place with 8.1miles. Yay me! The participant in first place has 13.58miles logged. The participant in 3rd place has 7.92miles logged. I better get my feet moving before he catches up to me or worse, passes me up! As a side note, 10 participants have not logged any miles yet. So, if you are interested, you can still join in on the challenge.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Where to Purchase Shoes

Healthier Choice, Still Over Budget

2011_0117 Counting Calories at Disneyland