Control the Sabotage

Many times people around me have tried to sabotage my weight loss. Whether it is intentional or not, it does not matter. The end result is I end up loosing my way, I fall off the wagon. It is important to realize that it does not matter how many times they sabotage my weight loss, all that matter is that I continue on my journey. Since I can only really control my actions, I have chosen to see their attempts as opportunities to for me to practice self control. Unfortunately, it's easier said than done. I still fall off the wagon, but the time it takes me to get back on the wagon is getting smaller. If you look at my weight loss log, you will see my weight going up and down but overall going down. I am loosing weight and that is the important thing.

The reality of is, there will always be people around trying to influence you to do things you do not really want to do, it is called "peer pressure."  Throughout life people around you try to get you to do things that are not in your best interest; things that will not help you achieve your goals. So, if you feel someone is trying to sabotage your weight loss, try to embrace is as opportunity to test your self-control, your self-discipline. The first time is extremely difficult to do and a bit nerve wrecking. The 2nd time, it will mostly likely be just as tough. But be assured, it will get easier and with each occurrence you will become stronger.  Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that once you master this skill you will never fall off the wagon. It just means that at some point it you will no longer be easily influenced by other.

Ideas/Suggestions on how to overcome the sabotaging, are endless. Which work best? The one that you are comfortable with that yields acceptable results based on your individual standards. I do not offer magic recipes, I can only share what I have tried and the results.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Where to Purchase Shoes

Healthier Choice, Still Over Budget

2011_0117 Counting Calories at Disneyland