A Turning Point?

I had a rough morning and had no time for breakfast. Mid-morning I was hungry and wanted more than just a piece a fruit to hold me off until lunch. I did what I would normally do, grab some chips and cookies that happen to within reach. I put them in ziplock bags because I needed to head out the door in 5 minutes. I stuffed TWO chips in my mouth and kept moving along to get everything I needed to head out the door. The salty chips skip jumped my tough and into my stomach they went. As I reached to grab the ziplock backs, I stopped and realized what I was doing and why I was doing it. I shook my head and figured I'd walk a little more today to balance it out. All of a sudden I realized I would not have time to work off the extra calories today... well, maybe, just this once, ... well, uhm, ... I couldn't do it. I put the chips down and grabbed an apple, banana and headed out the door instead. Wow! I still grabbed coffee but the fact I did  not eat those chips and cookies I thought I really wanted was a big deal. Now, at the end of the day, I am about 68 calories under my daily allotted calorie budget.
I feel very proud of my choice this morning. I hope this is my turning point. I had a very rough morning and still made a wise choice to not eat mindless calories. In the past, when I get ready to drop into the 160's I tend to fall off our my weight loss wagon and gain weight. This time, I think may break into the 160's. Well shall see on Monday what the scale reads.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Where to Purchase Shoes

Healthier Choice, Still Over Budget

2011_0117 Counting Calories at Disneyland