El Pollo Loco Lunch



For lunch I had the Grilled Chicken Salad with creamy cilantro salad dressing and got one chicken al carbon as well. Which ended up being 830 calories.



At the end of my meal is when I started to count the calories and realized I could have made a much better choice for lunch. The two little cups of creamy cilantro dressing were 180 calories total. I could have skipped that dressing. I enjoyed the avocado sauce and house salsa much better and for twice the amount of each, I would have only used up 10 calories (, instead of the 180).

In the following picture:
- The cup at the top is the Creamy Cilantro Dressing
- On the left is the avocado sauce
- On the right is the house salsa

Lesson Learned: I can have lunch at El Pollo Loco. Pass on the creamy cilantro dressing and go for the avocado sauce and house salsa.

Goal Updates:
- drank three out of the five 8oz glasses of water I wanted
- walked 5,320 steps out of the 8,000 I wanted.
- stayed within my caloric budget for the day. Yay!
- synched my FitBit for the 4th day in a row.
- and made a blog post for the 4th day in a row on SparkPeople

Goals for tomorrow:
- drink four 8 oz glasses of water
- walk at least 6,000 steps
- stay within my daily caloric budget
- synch my FitBit
- make a blog post
- set the VCR to record the Rose Parade

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Where to Purchase Shoes

Healthier Choice, Still Over Budget

2011_0117 Counting Calories at Disneyland