Busy Buzzing Week

I knew this week would be full. Stuff packed back to back with little to no downtime to get ready for the next activity. Tomorrow may be Friday and the end of the week for most. For me, it is just a couple of days stamped on the calender because it will be blended into next week.

What have I been doing? Well, on Monday I attended a Wellness Program that is trying to start up at two local Elementary Schools. I do not have that link handy at the moment but at some point I will end up sharing more about it because it seems like something I do want to be involved in.

Tuesday I spent the day volunteering in my Kindergartener's class. That is always fun. I really do enjoy working with the kids and listening to their interpretation of our world. I was told I know how to count to 100 because I went to high school. But, I actually did learn something I did not know. Well, maybe I did, but I can't say I remember every learning anything about penguins when I was in grade school. I learned that there are 17 types of penguins. One particular type is called a macaroni penguin. Funny name to my ears. I also learned that the world "macaroni" is/was used in olden times overseas to mean something was fancy. If you are familiar with the "Yankee Doodle" song, it says, "... stuck a feather in his hat and called it macaroni. ..." Well, macaroni penguin is the one that looks like it has one feather stuck in on each side of it's head.





Wednesday was my day to attend "Mommy & Me" class with my girl. That class is like a pre-pre-school. I get to see how my little girl is growing up little by little. Our shape of the day was a triangle. We sang a song about Aiken John, colored party hats which were cut out and pasted onto a penguin party scene, we also made sailboats.



Since it had been pretty cold and it rained all day Monday, Tuesday the parks and playground were still wet. So, on Wednesday, we took advantage of the beautiful warm weather and went to a local park. Lots of grass to run around, toss a ball, chase a ball, enjoy tall and short slides, ... it gave us a work out.



Thursday, today, I got to catch up on some work and I did get most of it done. Feels good. I also got to finally watch this weeks' episode of The Biggest Loser. At first I thought I had messed up and only recorded 1/2 an episode. After a further investigation and a tweet, I found out this week's episode was only an hour long. That made me feel better. It's the one show I actually like to watch and helps me to stay motivated with my own weight loss.

Well, in effort to not make this blog post too long. I will wrap it up. Hopefully tomorrow I will take the time to make another blog post and it will about this episode of The Biggest Loser. The main focus will not be recap of the show, but what I take away from the show, how it affects me, ... and so on.

Well, I am going to try to turn in early today. I am tired, sleepy and I feel like I am starting to get the sniffles. No, no, no, no sniffles. It's just a fluke.

Follow me on Twitter.com/mrsgjourney and see how my Friday goes.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Where to Purchase Shoes

Healthier Choice, Still Over Budget

2011_0117 Counting Calories at Disneyland