Walking One Step At A Time

I feel so proud of myself today. I walked. I usually drive to The Kid's school to pick him up. Today, I decided I would take the double jogging stroller and pick him up. I did it. I walked 2.5 miles there and another 2.5miles back. I walked a total of 5miles. I was worried about getting to the school on time, and so I gave myself plenty of time for all the red lights. I got there 15 minutes  before school let out.

The 2.5mile walk took me 50minutes to accomplish. During my walk I finished listing to a couple of podcasts. "Logical Weightloss" and "Two Fit Chicks and a Microphone"

This was my first episode of Logical Weightloss for me. The host apparently is a SparkPeople member, also uses Loseit.com and Fitbit.com. I was pleased to hear him say what I did a few days ago on here. And, that is, he had neglected to post/podcast because he had gained some weight and wanted to wait to report back something more positive. He finally decided to post/podcast because in doing it, it helps him stay more accountable. I like this host and will be subscribing to his regular podcast.  I think I will be looking him up sometime next week on LoseIt, Fitbit, and SparkPeople.

Two Fit Chicks And A Microphone also said something that hit home with me. Similar to Karla, I do not have a workout buddy, by choice. I do better by having someone check-in on me once in a while and not so much with someone standing next to me while I walk on the treadmill. I do enjoy talking to others about what I am doing/trying but I do not need the buddy-buddy face-to-face contact as much.

At the end of the day I am feeling pretty tired and I think I have a small blister forming on my pinky toe.  Must make note of this to improve my walking experience next time. Yes, there will be a next time.

As always, feel free to follow me throughout the day via Twitter
twitter.com/MrsGJourney

or via Facebook
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Mrs-Gs-Weight-Loss-Journey/198004820241527

I am on Loseit.com and Fitbit.com and my email is MrsG.Journey@gmail.com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Where to Purchase Shoes

Healthier Choice, Still Over Budget

2011_0117 Counting Calories at Disneyland