Sparking Day

emoticon
Today was a good day. I weighed myself in the morning and I saw a little loss. A loss is a loss and it is always better than a gain. I participated in my 2nd SparkPeople Live session of the week. It was the same topic, different SparkLeader and a different group of participants. Today's group seemed more social. I got the sense I have more in common with this group's day-to-day life-style, thus more I felt I could relate more to them. I have young kids. I do not smoke but I did grow up with a father who smoked all the time, so I know what it feels like to walk by someone smoking and want to inhale.

emoticon

After my session I quickly went to the swimming pool and did as many laps as possible in 45 minutes. I got tired and out of breath. Each time I would pause only long enough to get my breathing back. I think it was a good short workout. I quickly showered and did some actual work. By the time I was done with work, it was time to pick up my kid from school.



On Friday's after school I volunteer at my kid's school. I did some minor tending to the school's chickens and the garden. It's always fun because I get to share little gems with my kid. How to care for chickens. Where do eggs come from? How many eggs do chickens lay a day. How we grow vegetables and how long it takes different vegetables to grow from a seed to a state we can eat them. etc. Well, that is the intent, most of the time I do the work and the kid plays, collects strawberries, and giggles.



I had a large healthy salad for dinner with some Jennie-O extra lean ham diced in it. I did manage to drink lots of water today. I don't know how much water I drank because I kept adding ice to my drink every time the ice melted away. Judging from the color of what I expel, I drank a lot.

emoticon

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Where to Purchase Shoes

Healthier Choice, Still Over Budget

2011_0117 Counting Calories at Disneyland