Minor Slip Up, Major Fire

As I went through  my day I thought about what I would blog about at the end of my day. I would get excited because there were things I wanted to share. Then, I would get a bit bummed out because one of my blogs would be left behind, out of the loop. I blog about my weight loss journey on Blogger and on my SparkPage on SparkPeople.com. Unfortunately, I have been blocked on SparkPeople's Facebook page. Every time I made an entry on SparkPeople.com I would make a post on SparkPeople's Facebook page and include a link to my SparkPage on SparkPeople.com. I did ask if I could do such a thing and I was told I could. Now that I find I am blocked, I am told,
"I asked the person who runs the facebook page about this, and they told me that the only reason your posts would not show up is if you have been blocked from posting.  People who promote their own facebook pages, websites, products, etc., are removed from the facebook page.  Could that have been the case?"
I have done no such thing. I have asked for clarification so I do not make the same mistake again. I have gotten no response. I asked to be unblocked for the time being and I would refrain from posting any and all links. I have not been unblocked. So, I can not make posts, comments on posts by other, or "Like" anything. *sigh*

That has been on my mind all day and I find it bothersome that I never got a warning, and still do not know why I was blocked. A few minutes ago, I was going to make a SparkPage entry, and I did make a entry but could not bring myself to write about my weight loss journey.

As a result of feeling a bit down and bummed out about being blocked on SparkPeople's Facebook page, I felt like I was being left out of the weight loss race. It's odd and I know it's not true, but it's like the support I seek from the SparkPeople world is being denied to me. I was bummed and I had a minor slip up.
Strawberry Shortcake Sundae. It was yummy! I was almost done with it when I had to fight myself to understand that SparkPeople is not going to loose weight for me, I have to do it on my own. I need help, support, and some guidance/feedback to do it. In the end, if I end up not having SparkPeople support, I will have to find another online resource. Sooooo, if you know of online weight loss support site, please share.

As we drove around taking care of errands, we got to see the WilliamsFire unfold in the distance mountains of the Glendora Mtn Ridge. These are the photos I snapped from about 1:30pm to 5:00pm from Glendora and San Dimas. As of 5:00pm, the word is the fire is consuming 100acres, people are being evacuated, and containment has not been achieved and they have no estimation of when it will be contained.





By the time I took the last picture, there were reports people 40-50miles away could see the plume.  I kept an ear by the news radio and with each report I know I am a lucky person who does not live in those mountains, not a camper in that area, that I have no family or loved ones in that area. I am thankful for the brave firefighters and hope they all have angels on their shoulders guiding them.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Where to Purchase Shoes

Healthier Choice, Still Over Budget

2011_0117 Counting Calories at Disneyland