Juicing to Detox and / or Weight Loss

The temperature has finally decided to drop. We had been having so many days over 100*F it is just too much for me to bare. Hot days wear me out. The thought of going out for a walk simply walked out of my head. Today the highs were in the lower 80's, so I walked a 4.5miles at about 18.5min/mile. I felt lazy but I got a walk in anyway.

A friend is doing a juicing diet for 10 days. I've heard a few people chime up it is such a good thing. Rumor has it you can lose up to 12lbs in 10 days. *sigh* With so little time for exercise and the weather no cooperating, AND my slip ups, ... I'm game. I will try it for 10 days. One day at a time.

I got the vegetables Friday and blended some of them, made a few servings. Then I started to eat the vegetables themselves. I munched on carrots sticks here and there. Cucumbers with lemon and salt are very attractive! Yum.

Today was my official Day 1 of juicing. It was tough. I feel like I want to more food even though I feel a bit full. I also ended up with a mild headache. Rumor has it the headache is due to the toxins leaving my body and flooding my bloodstream on their way out. Tomorrow is a new day. I will try to drink more water. One day at a time. One pound at a time.

If you have tried juicing, I'd like to know why you do it, how long you juice for, side-effects, positive effects you have noticed.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Where to Purchase Shoes

Healthier Choice, Still Over Budget

2011_0117 Counting Calories at Disneyland