No Scale Needed

Beginning with Thanksgiving Day, I have been slacking off on my weight loss journey. I have been allowing myself to enjoy a treat here and there, making unhealthy choices, ... and now I am over indulging on sugar, fat, and laziness.

The weather has not helped either. We have had cold days, days with buckets of rain, days so cold and rainy that this morning we viewed our local mountains dusted with snow. This has contributed to my not going for my usual walks. Being busy with kid stuff is no excuse, but I have caved into it and skipped opportunity to go for a short walk. The excuses are piling up and now I can feel it without even looking at the scale. I have gained weight. I know I have, how much, don't know.

Originally the plan was to restart/resume my weight loss journey on December 26th, the day after Christmas. Today was a rough day. A short easy hike felt rough. My heart rate got high enough I could feel my heart beating through me. Carrying the extra weight is making my joints ache. All these things, and a few others, have caused me to change my mind. I am not waiting for the 26th to resume my weight loss journey.

 Tomorrow, Sunday, December 16th, I am resuming my weight loss journey. In the morning I will record my weight, log my food using Lose It! and drink lots of water.

Losing weight is tough during the winter holidays, but my Christmas gift to me is ME! I can't give up, it does not matter how many times I fall off the wagon. I will get up one more time.

Comments

Tammy said…
You can do it, and now is a great time! I started today instead of after Christmas because I feel like I am eating way too many sweets. They are so yummy that I cannot control myself, so I need a plan. If I have a plan, and some support, I know that I can find victory - and weight loss!

Popular posts from this blog

Where to Purchase Shoes

Healthier Choice, Still Over Budget

2011_0117 Counting Calories at Disneyland