Year End Evaluations

The year is almost over. It's a matter of hours before I will be writing 2013 on my checks. Many are busy preparing for a New Year's Eve gathering of one kind or another. Some do the habitual ritual of making New Year's Resolutions that only last a month, or two at best. Me? I'm don't know if it is a New Year's Resolution that I am really making or if it's more of Year End Evaluation I am conducting on myself.

Last year I wanted to focus on my weight loss, make it priority. Unfortunately I did not loose much weight at all. In fact, my weight went up and down and up and down. In the long run, I think I lost about 6lbs. In one year, 6lbs is not much at all. I did make my weight loss a higher priority than in previous years. I did not stick to my plans but they were never too far from my thoughts. ... That is all fine and dandy, make no dent in my weight. I am okay with it.

The reason I am okay with it is because I have made progress overall. Maybe not in the sense of weighing less, but progress. I am now able to:
  • Walk 9 miles without passing out the rest of the day,
  • Log a lot more regularly on LoseIt.com,
  • Use my Fitbit almost every single day,
  • Decline dessert and sugary treats more often,
  • and I do not eat at all-you-can-eat buffet style places.

My evaluation is seeing the progress and building on it. I still have areas that need help, and other areas that need a lot of  help. So of these areas are:
  • Sleeping 7-8 hours a night,
  • Eating 3 meals a day,
  • Eating 2-3 snacks a day,
  • Drinking eight 8oz glasses of water, everyday,
  • and blogging/tweeting more often as I always want to, but never seem to find enough time.

So, based on my evaluation, I will fill in my calender with specific days/times to check my progress in achieving progress in these areas that I need help in.

Until next year, I hope you all have a great evening staying in, going out, having fun, sleeping in, ... whatever you do, stop by and say hello in 2013.

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Where to Purchase Shoes

Healthier Choice, Still Over Budget

2011_0117 Counting Calories at Disneyland