Daily Hydration Pack

It's no easy task to stay under my daily caloric budget. Between running errands, taking the kids to/from school and their other activities, and the inevitable late minute things that always seem to pop up at the most inopportune time, eating on a normalized schedule and healthy is difficult.

Earlier this week we had a simple errand to run but a car accident on the freeway make our 30 minute travel time into a 1 hour travel time each way. I had already pushed my lunch time back and it was starting to look like my afternoon snack was also being pushed back. Sitting in traffic and skipping a meal and a snack was not looking favorable. I stopped off with my kids for bite at Wendy's. Not a healthy filling choice. None the less, I stopped at Wendy's.

The following day was similar. I had to go out and get some hiking boots for my son. They were on sale so I wanted to get them before they were not available. Same thing, wrenches in the road, and we ended up having "Taco Tuesday" from Del Taco. Not a healthy choice for anyone one of us. 

If this pattern continues, not only will I not loose weight and my health will continue to deteriorate. The worse part of it would be I would be setting the example for my children while guiding them into a life obesity. This can not be. Okay, one final errand in effort to end this pattern now.  I went out and got this hydration pack and a few plastic containers.

This hydration backpack is made by Outdoor and it was $30. The various containers range from 1oz to  4cups and they cost a total of $5 because I got them from the Dollar Tree store. Okay, so now I can carry up to 2 litters of water in my pack, or Kool-Aid, or ice tea. The water bladder has a wide opening so I can clean the inside of it as need be. The various containers fit inside the pack nicely so I don't have to worry about wasting zip lock baggies, nor worry about things like bananas getting squished. The pack still has some extra room to carry sunglasses, a book, or even a light jacket. The pack is not too big as to make it clumsy, bulky, and impede ease of daily movement.
The plan is now to pre-pack my lunch and snacks for the following day based on my day-to-day activities the night before. It has to be the night before because in the morningI never seem to have enough time. I seem to take a lot of time in the mornings saying, "Wake up.", "Get your shoes on.", "You could have told me that last night." and "Time to go." Famous phrases some moms tend to use weekday mornings.
Okay, lets put this plan into action and see how it goes. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Where to Purchase Shoes

Healthier Choice, Still Over Budget

2011_0117 Counting Calories at Disneyland