T-4 Days to Getting Back on Track


The busier my day gets, the more I sacrifice my diet and exercise. As usual I got busy with my kid's stuff. While these busy days did not sneak up on me, I couldn't seem to manage my time wisely and I could eat healthy meals. I ended up eating out more than we should. That always hurts my wallet and my waistline. *sigh*

My first thought was, "Well, it'll get better next week." Normally, it would. This time I too many unexpected events took place and one week became two, which then slipped into three weeks. I did try to make good choices when eating out. For example, I chose El Pollo Loco over Carl Jr.'s Double Western Burger. Little things like this helped with the calorie intake but it was not enough. I also started sneaking in 10 minute walks any where and any where. If you follow my Facebook page, you probably saw a few of those posts. A couple of walks were not recorded by my FitBit because I forgot to charge it. Bummed they did not recorded, but feeling good it did not stop my from taking those walks.

Then I had my final setback for May. Long story short, I had to give my optometrist my glasses back so they can adjust the prescription on my lenses. This means I have no glasses for about 10 business days. My vision is currently a bit blurry. I can see but at the end of the day, my vision hurts, I have a headache, and nausea. All I really feel like doing is sleeping, keeping my eyes shut. The end result of this is I am not walking much either. One day last week my headache was so bad I could not keep my eyes open. *grrrr*

This weekend is Memorial Day Weekend. I am not exercising as much as I would have like. Taking a walk, a hike, playing, ... it is all bothersome when you can't see very well. I did start a feel blue but I have decided to focus on the bigger picture. This discomfort is only temporary. I've  managed to enjoy some key lime pie, dinner out with some friends, and some Ben & Jerry's too without over indulging. It's my 3 day weekend vacation from focusing on my health 100% of the time. The important thing for me is to not over do it.

On the plus side, I have managed to get more sleep time.

T-4 days to getting back on track.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Where to Purchase Shoes

Healthier Choice, Still Over Budget

2011_0117 Counting Calories at Disneyland