Sneak Fun Exercise In


Get my 10,000 steps in a day is tough. Some days I do well, and then I have long streaks of not being able to hit 5,000 steps. I tend to do a lot of work on my computer or drive around town doing errands. In other words, most days I end up sitting on my bottom for long periods of time.

By the end of the day, I'm tired and have no real desire to get up and go exercise intentionally.  Sometimes I make it to the gym, sometimes I don't.

My kids are still on winter break so taking a trip to gym or going for a long walk is not feasible. We do have a treadmill and I could get on it and sneak a walk in here and there. I start and get 10 minutes in, then I get distracted with laundry, endless super-important-must-ask-now questions from my kids, or the dog trying to walk on the treadmill with me, or let me just pull this out of the freezer for dinner tonight and then, and then, ... *sigh*

It's a new year and I am going to *sketch* out my week and *plan* out one day at a time. Today, I slept in and lazily got out of bed. Today's plan, "sneak fun exercise in." How? I took the kids to Knott's Berry Farm. Our plan was to get on two to four rides, catch a show or two, and go Pokemon hunting. Mission Accomplished! I got my 10K+ steps in and the kids had fun.

One day at a time. One pound at a time.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Where to Purchase Shoes

Healthier Choice, Still Over Budget

2011_0117 Counting Calories at Disneyland