Not An Easy Journey

Feeling blue about the fact that I am coming up on a year of trying to loose weight and am not seeing progress. No one to blame, no excuses, it's my doing. I let others get in my way, I put others ahead of me. It's a struggle but it is my real struggle.

I enjoy going out and doing stuff that requires lots of walking, especially geocaching. What stinks is that after a lot of walking it used to take me a day or two to recover. Now it takes me much longer. I went out and got a lot of walking in for Father's Day weekend but the next day my knees were killing me. *sigh* Can't give up. I  will continue walking and having fun, but I will have to tone the walking down. Unfortunately, it also means I can not have as many treats, aka, cheat foods. Less walking means I burn less calories and so I have to make sure I consume less high caloric food. Let me digress for a couple of pictures from my walks.
Along 15 fwy near and Whiskey Pete's, better known as the Seven Magic Mountains. The boulders are 35 feet tall. Yes, there is s a geocache there!

Famous Alien Jerky stop along the 15 fwy in Baker, CA. By the way, there is a geocache across the street at the World's Biggest Thermometer.

 A day at Knott's Berry Farm in Buena Park, CA. If you are wonders, they do have a virtual geocaching inside the amusement park.
Consequence of walking so much each weekend, recovery time seems to take longer and longer.
A very refreshing Santa Barbra Cobb salad from The Habit. I only ate 1/2 of it for 12 WW SP. This means I can eat out but I can not eat as much.


So let me continue with my blue-side... Today I visited my doctor and she pretty much said what I expected, I need to loose weight. For the first time my cholesterol is creeping up into the unhealthy levels. I am also on the border of becoming diabetic. I think diabetes scares me more than cholesterol. In three months I get to do more blood work and visit my doctor again to see where I stand. Translation, I have to be seriously focused on ME these next 3 months.

On the bright side, tomorrow is my weekly Weight Watcher's Meeting and my weekly weigh in. Hoping to see a weight loss. If you are on Weight Watcher's Connect, you can find me as Mrsg.j

One day at a time. ONE day at a time.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Where to Purchase Shoes

Healthier Choice, Still Over Budget

2011_0117 Counting Calories at Disneyland