More COVID-19 cases or New Norm?

I have ninety-some entries in my blog that include the number of new cases and deaths reported in Los Angeles County. I keep hearing the term, "the new norm," when referring to wearing masks and "safe social distancing" practices. What I see as the "new norm," is about 1,200-1,500 new COVID-19 cases reported daily. The more we see something, it eventually becomes the new normal. It may or may not be something good, but it does become the new normal.

Seeing 1,200-1,500 new cases reported daily is becoming normal. This thought process affects my health. As I mentioned in a previous post, I am in various high risk categories. *sigh* So even though I wear a mask and wash my hands often, ... it seems many around me are not doing the same. They are finding it acceptable to see 1.3K+ per day and because it's normal, no need to adhere to safety measures. Perhaps what I just said is not accurate, but it is how it feels to me. 

Yesterday the daily new cases reported in Los Angeles County was 2,129. Twice the new normal. Some reports said it was because there was a backlog of tests being processed. So does that mean the daily norm really should be 1,500-1,700? Other reports say, it was a jump due to so many ignoring social distancing guidelines. So does this mean an increase in daily cases will follow since so many did not know they were infected? 

Both reports yield the same result for me, keep practicing "social distancing," wear a mask, wash hands regularly, and continue with the "Safer At Home" mentality.  I am fortunate I have a treadmill at home and I do try to use it daily. Unfortunately, walking staring at the same four walls daily is getting to me. I don't walk at the park because too many don't wear a mask and walk right next to you, some even talking on their cell phones using the speaker. You can literally see the spit specs of their words flying off their lips. This puts me in danger. My options: *walk quickly away from the person; *turn my face away; *ask them to wear a mask; *stay home.

I'm feel tired, some days unmotivated to keep focusing on loosing weight. My best chance of not getting sick is to stay home. My best chance of surviving if I were to get sick, is to be at my healthiest... I must and will continue to focus on my health, to loose the weight and give my body a fighting chance.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Where to Purchase Shoes

Healthier Choice, Still Over Budget

2011_0117 Counting Calories at Disneyland