Walking Habit 25% Mastered

For the month of August I set out to focus on walking 20-45mins with a distance of 1 to 2 miles, with the of walking intentionally at least 5-6 days out of 7.  I'm 17 days in and this is my record.

 

It takes roughly 66 days to establish a new habit. I'm pleased to say I'm 25% of the way there. In fact, I am starting to feel this habit change me. Today I was not able go for my walk at my preferred time. The day started to get hotter. It would have been easy to skip today, but I did not. I went for my walk.


During my walk I saw one of the fire department helicopters. We currently have the Ranch 2 Fire burning up above Azusa. There are people being placed on alert for potential evacuations, the fire men and women are out there in this heat, wearing so many layers of clothing, getting a workout carrying hoses, and add to that the heat waves from the fire itself... they get up and do the work needed to be done. I shifted my mindset and got going on my walk. I have to keep at it in order to keep building a healthier me. Got it done and it feels good.

Another thing I did was order a shirt that says,  "Daily Commitment to be Consistent," across the font.


I ordered it one size smaller than I currently wear. When it arrives, I will take a picture of myself wearing it. I want to see it go from fitting my snug to fitting me loose. The wording on the shirt is a daily reminder that I do not need to be perfect to succeed, I just need to be committed to being consistent. I can do that, I am doing that.

#LoseIt #Fitbit #Garmin #Optavia #KickFearInTheFace

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Where to Purchase Shoes

Healthier Choice, Still Over Budget

2011_0117 Counting Calories at Disneyland